Posted by Reedy Fork Organic Farm on 8/23/2011 to News
" When we started milling organic feed, we never dreamed of the variety of feeds we would be mixing. To give you an idea, here's a partial list of what we've sold recently.
- A seventeen ton order of organic chicken feed, along with some pig and goat rations that we loaded on a truck and took to Georgia. There's a large group of people - sort of an informal coop - that gets together and order, then meet at one place to pick up. A chicken farmer organizes it for his friends and colleagues.
- Twenty three tons of organic cow feed for Organic Valley farms in West Virginia.
- Three kinds of chicken feed and two of duck feed for our Raleigh and Asheville runs. We have regular deliveries to each location each month.
- An order for goats and chickens for a small local feed store. You‚Äôll be hearing more about that soon!
- Turkey, chicken and pig feed for our friends at Reverence Farm.
- A small batch of organic chicken feed for the backyard chickens that belong to Casey and Emily Lewis of Beechwood Metalworks. Those are their chickens in the picture.